Thursday, January 20, 2011

Never Fading Winter Flowers!

A couple of years ago I participated in a "Button Flower Swap."  It was so much fun. Button flowers are so easy to make.  Just looking for unusual buttons in your favorite colors add pizazz to even a cold, January day!  I found these two sweet bouquets online. So, it's time to get out the button jar and some floral wire and create! What are you making to jazz up January?

I call these pink peonies, and they are from Curbly. The pebbles/marble/glass chips added to the vase are a great detail. What a nice Valentine "remembrance" for a teacher or anyone else that you would like to thank for their time and talents!

These sweet blooms from Craftster have felt petals with button centers.  The vintage jar, filled with more lovely buttons, gives it such charm!

1 comment:

Tipper said...

Oh I love the felt ones-so neat. I also like the idea for the fabric below-so easy but so striking on the wall.