Thursday, September 5, 2013

Autumn...Coming Soon to My Town!

Source:  Facebook
It's been awhile since I have posted!  Here in Dixie, we're getting ready for AUTUMN!  It's my favorite season.  I love the leaves falling and the smell of apple cider and funnel cakes at the fall festivals!  Summer went by so quickly, and much to my delight, it was a cool one!  Our average temp was 86.7 degrees. Temp records were broken day after day because we usually make it to 100 degrees for long stretches during July and August!  Lots of changes over the summer.  Good friends moved out West.  My grand dog Haley crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and I lost a wonderful Mississippi friend to breast cancer.  Change...It's the one certainty in life, isn't it?  

On a brighter note, summer brought another birthday, a slower schedule and time for reflecting. Birthdays have a way of making us take note of where we are and where we'd like to be as we go for another trip around the sun.  I decided I wanted to be standing in my kitchen looking at the glass back splash  that was planned a couple of years ago! Rather, than the tiles being in the basement, I wanted to see them in place above the kitchen counter!  Yes, Finally, my kitchen saw a bit of updating. There's still painting to be done.  Oh, goodness, is there ever painting to be done!!!  For those of you who are also wrapping up the summer season, I hope it was filled with warm memories that will take the chill off the winter ahead! What changes happened in your life during June, July, and August?             

No comments: