Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Give It a Swirl

I remember one of my favorite art "lessons" as a child was using crayon shavings and bright fall leaves to make a waxed paper picture.  We did these neat leaf paintings, too!  So simple, so fun, so "no high-tech."  While I get rather frantic if there is ever a wreck on the Internet highway, there is much to be said for such dabbling.  These are easy ways to create quick, fun, and inexpensive fall artwork for a cottage or cabin.  Both are suitable for framing, or hanging up as clothesline art!  What about covering a journal that will capture your autumn thoughts and doings?  YES! Are you feeling these wonderful, cool mornings of September like I am?  They seem to bring the muse alive as the leaves are changing and twirling to the earth.  (Photos from Pinterest)


5 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Mercy, hadn't thought of those in decades! Yours are lovely.

Cazzie!!! said...

This makes me so excited I am SO doing this with my girls these school holidays! :)

mmp said...

ooooh!

thank you
:)

Suz said...

ooooo I rember doing that!

Unknown said...

That's Amazing! So colourfull and yet Autumn/fall- ish. I really love it. I'm going to try it out some time! Thank you for that! :D