Monday, July 11, 2011

Under Summer Skies

The summer skies are still around with pop-up showers and lazy clouds nestled in blue.  But, the dog days of August will be scratching at the door in just a few weeks.  I do love these lazy days of summer and wish they could stay, but I can do without the heat indexes of 105-115 expected this week.  This morning I noticed quite a few leaves are starting to drift to the ground in this sweltering heat.  That's the first hint of fall, just a few wisps trickling down.  Trying to stay a step ahead with plans to bring autumn indoors in the weeks to come, I found this very inexpensive decorating idea.    Pressed leaves and beautiful birds.  This project reminds me of pressing leaves between wax paper and adding a few crayola shavings for extra color...way back when!  Quite simple and very budget friendly.  Are you starting to think about greeting cooler days with fall decorating ideas?  ( Photo from Country Living)

4 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog. I love those picture frames.
Fall, no not a thought yet.
We barely have just gotten warm weather here in Canada where I live.
Stop by and say "hi" sometime. I'll try to follow when they get it fixed!!

Kathy said...

Living in hot, humid La. I am so ready for Fall, that means cooler weather and the end of hurricane season. All good...but it will be awhile to get here.
I love this idea, and I agree, the frames are so very special, bravo.

Deborah said...

You know, I noticed the leaves too. I had several leaves that fallen already! YIKES...
xxoo
Deborah

Mac n' Janet said...

Too hot to thing about decorating, but our daughter is coming and her room has to be painted. Usually I enjoy painting but not now.