Thursday, April 21, 2011

Unique Storage

This is an unusual scheme for adding storage...drawers built into the wall!   It reminds me of a built in doll house from my growing up years.  My uncle constructed a beautiful doll house hidden in one of the walls of my two cousins' room. Since we lived 600 miles apart, I didn't get to visit often, but when I did, I was enchanted by how the hinged door opened a hidden world. The doll house was only four very small rooms, but it seemed like a mansion!.  The neat thing, literally, for my aunt was that when the girls were finished playing, all the tiny pieces were safely put away....no clutter!  I love hidden storage, and though these drawers and their knobs are visible, it's a clever idea!  Who can't use more storage?  (Photo from House Beautiful)

No comments: