Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sugar and Cream for Happy Pink Saturday!

Many years ago I learned how to crochet, and I spent many relaxing hours creating simple afghans and slippers.  Then somehow the crochet hooks were pushed to the back of the craft closet.  Well, this weekend I am all set to enjoy crocheting again.  I have decided to make dishcloths for Christmas gift baskets.  I'm using Lily's Sugar and Cream all cotton yarn.  Michael's had a sale this past week for this beautiful yarn, only $1.25 per 120 yard skein.  These are the pretty pinks paired with toasty browns that I will be using for some of the cloths.  These dishcloths are easy to make, and they last forever! Perfect "pink cottage."  (Photo from Flickr)


Deborah said...

That sounds like fun!
Have a nice relaxing weekend!

Donnie said...

I'm still using some of the washcloths I made 7 years ago. They're quick work too. Happy Pink Saturday.

ga.farmwoman said...

I still wished I hadn't always been up in a tree when my grandmother was trying to teach me to crochet.
Another "to do" thing on my list. Learn to crochet. After I finish my learning to make soap, learning to make pottery, etc.

The dishcloths are a wonderful gift idea. Those little crochet face scrubbers would be also!

Have a great day.

greybruceartist said...

Your colours remind me of neopolitan ice cream..yummy! lovely project!