Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Cornucopia Ornament
Noel Nosegay

Glass Holly Sprig
Embellished Patterned Paper
Jingle Bells!

For some reason, I always wait until December to start crafting a few handmade ornaments for the tree!  Well, this year I'm early.  It's only November 29th!  I went to Better Homes and Gardens EARLY this morning to find some quick and easy, yet beautiful ideas.  Here are a few that caught my eye.  I was in a "tussie mussie" swap earlier in the year.  It was such fun.  So, the filled cones are on the to-do list.  I have lots of colorful patterned paper from my art swaps to use.  I have more than enough to make the cones and the embellished tree.  Going green and using some art supplies already on hand is a good thing this year!!  The simple, glass ornaments with the holly sprigs and jingle bells inside are so festive!  I'm thinking about making a similar one with small, vintage buttons inside.   Are you just beginning some Christmas crafting, or are beautifully wrapped gifts already underneath a decorated Christmas tree with carols wafting through your cottage?  Either way, it's the most wonderful time of the year! (Photos from Better Homes and Gardens)

No comments: