Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wagon Wheel Herb Garden

For a really unique herb garden, go looking for an old
wagon wheel.  Place the wheel flat in a great garden spot with the right amount of sun.  Then, using a potting mix and garden soil, plant your favorite herbs in each section.  Depending on the number of spokes, you can adjust the spaces for each individual herb.  The wheels shown here have lots of spokes.  Two sections for each herb would give you space for seven wonderful kinds to use in your kitchen or medicine cabinet!  This is a "very good thing."

6 comments:

Glue Girl said...

Thanks, Marilyn, for this neat idea! I live on 13 acres that is mostly as it was when we moved in 4 years ago. I am slowly getting some beds dug out and populated. I will be hunting up a wagon wheel or two to use for this. BTW, you are my partner in the tussie mussie swap on SB, and you just joined my PPAD group.

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely! Thanx for an idea.

Pom Pom said...

I think I need a wagon wheel. Cute idea!

barbarasaintjacques said...

Hi Marilyn,
Wanted to thank you for your kind comments about my art and blog. It is heartwarming to get such feedback. <3<3<3 Thank you. Big hugs.

Anneke said...

Lovely idea! You have a realy beautiful blog, I come and visit more often! Your new swap partner
Anneke

Teresa aka Tess said...

Awesome idea, I must share this one with mom...