Friday, October 2, 2009
Candy Apple Jelly! YUM!
The last few weeks I have been scurrying around trying to find easy canning recipes. Well, this one shouts FALL! Try it on hot, buttered HOMEMADE biscuits!! The recipe makes about 6 half-pints. (Flickr Photo)
4 cups apple juice
1/2 cup red-hot candies
1 package powdered fruit pectin
4 1/2 cups sugar
1. Combine juice, candies, and pectin. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil again. Boil for 2 minutes,
3. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam and remove any undissolved candies.
4. Ladle into STERILIZED jars. Leave at least 1/4 inch space at top of jar. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims, adjust lids.
5. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.