Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Mint Julep Paperie

"To everything there is a season,
And a time to every purpose under Heaven!"

Several months ago I made an announcement on Unshelved Words that I would be opening another blog site featuring my vintage finds for sale. Well, as the months passed, the focus just wasn't there. While I love all things vintage, the venue didn't seem like the perfect fit. Sometimes we just have to be patient and know that at the right time the right idea will tap us on the shoulder. A couple of weeks ago I took some time to pause and reflect on my real passion for the written word. Along with that love I have appreciated beautiful papers and "fountain pens." I swoon over calligraphy. Miss Busybody Me started a collection many years ago of vintage diaries/journals/letters. I am ever eager to read first hand the thoughts from the pen of unknown authors. Reflecting on all of these elements brought me full circle. These are the bricks that helped to create Unshelved Words.... ramblings of this unknown author. Well, then "came the dawn." My new blog The Mint Julep Paperie is up and running. I just posted the first offering which is art by Carolyn from Magpie-Pixie. She has created Sweet Birdie cards which are simply the cutest! I invite you to click on the link and take a look! If you are a birdie lover, perhaps, you would like to pen your next thoughts on these delights. In the upcoming weeks, prepare to be "courted" by many select papers, pens, and sentiments in my shop.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

wishing you all the best with your new adventure Marilyn !!
And i feel honured that you chose me and feature some of my cards .

Thank- you !!

hugs
xoxo