Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions


I just finished reading the Monday morning edition of Jennifer Louden's newsletter. How many of you make New Year's Resolutions that only fall by the wayside a month, a week, a day, a few minutes later? I think we all do. I have listed from Jennifer's newsletter examples of resolutions that encourage us to be us...not to change some of the "quirks" that make each one of us unique. We are reminded that God loves us even though we are imperfect. We should love ourselves and let up on some of those "I shoulds." The following are taken from the newsletter:

I will not be a good speller - and this blog will have lots of typos

I will not do much of anything neatly - and I will continue to make art and wrap presents

I will not be a linear thinker - and I will still get my point across

I will not have a clean car, a tidy garden, or stain free clothes- and my sister will


I will not love parties where I don’t know people - and I won’t go if I don’t want to


I plan on listing some "I Will Not" resolutions this week. After each, I will give myself credit for one positive side of the coin. Here's the first!

I will not feel guilty because my desk is buried in paper! It is the sign of a busy, creative mind. I must give myself credit for that!

IT'S YOUR TURN!!! Give yourself permission! Then take some credit!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol... I posted a similar list on my blog yesterday. Come by for a visit:

http://KeepinUpWithTheTatums.blogspot.com

Ann

Unknown said...

I will NOT put anything in front of my relationship with God. I need a balance in my spiritual life!!!

Unknown said...

I will NOT put anything in front of my relationship with God. I need a balance in my spiritual life!!!

Unknown said...

Forgot to give myself credit..hehehe!! I was thinking, after all my talent is God Given, and I do use it to honor HIM!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Marilyn!

What a beautiful blog you have! I am going to follow it. :) I absolutely love this post. I am going to make my "I Will Not" resolutions too. That list may be endless though. HA! Have a great day!