Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where Did January Go?


Has anyone seen January? It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming the New Year. Tomorrow we are saying hello to February. February means Valentine's Day. The stores have had valentines on display since December 26th. Wouldn't it be nice to see the next holiday's wares pop up at the stores a week before the big day? That would add a bit of mystery....like will there be a Valentine's Day this year? Did they cancel it? Where are the cards and the Whitman's samplers???? In honor of the hearts and flower day, our art group created altered altoid tins. The pic you see is the one that I created to share with another art buddy. It was really fun to do and so very easy. Inside is a torn paper heart with a lock and key. I included a Sara Teasdale poem, "The Kiss", on the inside and a favorite French quote is decoupaged on the bottom. OOH...La...La...My favorite place to buy the ephemera is etsy.com. Such a treasure trove of handmade items and embellishments for making your own. Here is an adaptation of Sara Teasdale's romantic poem. I say adapted because I'm quoting from memory....quite dangerous.

The Kiss
Stephen kissed me in the spring,
Robin in the fall,
Colin only looked at me.
He never kissed at all.

Stephen's kiss was lost in jest,
Robin's lost in play,
But the look in Colin's eyes,
Haunts me night and day.

No comments: