Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome, 2013!

You must give birth to your images. They are the future waiting to be born. Fear not the strangeness you feel. The future must enter you long before it happens. Just wait for the birth, for the the hour of the new clarity.
---Rainer Maria Rilke

Last year's future is the today that we are living.  What do you REALLY want to do this year?  I quit long ago making New Year's resolutions.  Resolutions clip my wings, and I never get off the ground.   I do a bucket list though.  It's a list of  "prompts" not a win/lose, fall off the wagon resolution that feels so iron clad.  Here are a few items on my bucket list for 2013. So, what is on your bucket list?

1.  Volunteer.  This is a must.  I am so blessed. 
2.  Eat more veggies.
3.  Drink more water!
4.  Let work simmer when I can.  I think that since I am so blessed to work from home, I feel a bit guilty about not working even during my off time.  It's like I'm not showing gratitude.  Now that's a good way to let work scorch the soul!
5.  Get rid of the guilt of not being enough!
6.  Reread #'s 4 and 5 upon rising and going to bed!


No comments: