We have had a blackberry winter for the last several days, and it will continue through most of the week. I have to admit that I LOVE it. Since our temps hit the low 90's a few days last week, blackberry winter is a welcome reprieve. Speaking of blackberries, here's a great recipe to celebrate these cold days! Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and "shiver" through the last hurrah of cold weather! Mmmm...good!
(Recipe from allrecipes.com)
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges. Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake at 425 degree F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.