Tuesday, March 9, 2010


The garden of your child's first years
is always a beautiful place
Where butterfly kisses and kites in the air
are only a memory away! ~~~ by Moms Everywhere


One of my daughter's favorite characters from childhood was Holly Hobbie. This post is for you, my all grown-up girl with a daughter of your own! When I saw this cute Holly Hobbie picture, I couldn't resist. Memories of your Holly Hobbie doll and your Holly Hobbie birthday party bring a smile to my face and a teardrop, too! Who was your child's favorite make believe friend? Who was yours? Go ahead...take a walk in the garden!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn,

This is such a beautiful post. After taking that walk the only character that popped into my mind was barbie. Haha! There is something magical about dolls. It's as if they have personalities that come out at night when the world is quiet. If you are very lucky you might be able to catch them playing before they become aware of your presence.

Just the musings of my still very active imagination.

xoxo
~Kitty Kellie

Valrie said...

Holly Hobbie has always been a favorite of mine, that and do you remeber Gunnie Sack dresses with Laura Ashley fabrics. Nostalgic!

Valrie