Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sweet and Simple







I've been crafting since Thanksgiving for all of my Christmas swaps. Now the table is clear to start decorating the house for the holidays. Perhaps, I'm a bit behind, but I really don't like to decorate too early. It takes away from the anticipation of the season. A nice break between Thanksgiving Day and putting up the tree gives time for reflection of all of our many blessings. Christmas arrives with its intendend meaning, which in this home is to celebrate the birth of Jesus. This morning I checked out Better Homes and Gardens for a few simple decorating ideas. Take a look at the sweet and simple touches I found while visiting the site. Our tree this year is a 5 ft tall fir that will be decorated with birds, bows, berries, and a few very special ornaments. Less will be more! So, I love the simplicity of the snow flocked tree and the chair tableau in these pics. Oh, the beaded ornaments are made from the ones of years gone by that are a bit tarnished and worn. You simply "scruff" the surface a bit, cover with Mod Podge and dip in seed beads. How simple is that??? The button wreath is 2 die 4! How I love buttons! The wine glass candle holders are simply wine glasses turned upside down. If pets (like mine!) pose a fire threat with real candles, use the battery operated kind found now at the dollar store. If using the "faux" votives, I would add a few sprigs of greenery to surround the "candle's" base. Circle the edge with the mini snowflake garland (only $1.49 from Michael's) to create a "chandelier effect." Oh, my! Instant charm! The NOEL letters are fun, fun, fun! Just cover with decorative paper. No painting required. The ideas just go on and on! Lots of how-to videos for all the projects are on BHG, too. Click here to visit there! (Photos from Better Homes and Gardens)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Beautiful decorations! Everything is just so pretty!