Thursday, November 5, 2009

Magical Christmas Village




I have fallen in love with PUTZ houses. These cardboard houses are from Pennsylvania Dutch Christmas decor. I love the glitter and the tiny bottle brush trees. Yesterday I went to Michael's and purchased two small houses and a church to decorate. They were very inexpensive, only $1.99 each. My houses will be PINK with lots of German glitter. My church will be pristine white! The pics on this post are from Home Traditions. The site sells magical cottages, churches, and schoolhouses that shimmer with glitter at very reasonable prices. But, I want to build my own village this year! Michael's was abuzz yesterday with shoppers getting supplies to decorate their "space" and to "gift" others with their creativity. This year there will be more homemade Christmas joy. Isn't that the best kind?

5 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

We have a small ceramic village we put up every year. We bought new pieces to add to them each year for about 15 years. I have a antiques dresser tray mirror that we use as the centerpiece and the mirror becomes a skating rink complete with a bridge to the rink and skaters. I love looking at villages during the christmas season. If any are mechanical though I have a bad habit of starting them up and spening way too much time just playing them. I love Christmas trains too. Do show us the finished product. I never thought of redoing them. :)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

These are just beautiful and get my creative juices flowing! Like Tess, I love the train around the village too! Great ideas...have fun!

Claudia said...

I bought a few vintage putz houses last year and I love them. Now you have me thinking I can add to them by taking a trip to Michael's!

GwendolynKay said...

Those are so charming, I am looking forward to your finished ones.
Have a blessed day!
Gwen

Tipper said...

I've never seen the ones you could decorate yourself-how neat. Can't wait to see how pretty yours turn out.