Monday, September 15, 2008

September Song


Oh my, quite awhile since the last post..... The last few weeks have been so busy. Though not posting, I have visited a few blogs from time to time. I'm trying to get a handle on the work schedule, so that my days are not carved into small one hour increments here and there of solitude. I want those hours to extend into long segments to create. Simplifying life is hard work unto itself! LOLOL!
My favorite season is here...AUTUMN. The weather man is saying that we have cooler days in store this week. Leaves from the cottonwoods have been falling in my yard for the last 2 months because rain was nowhere to be found. Then, Hurricane Gustav gave 3 glorious days of rain to the area. Unfortunately, Gustav was not always beneficial, and, the Gulf Coast was the target for flooding and damage. Rain fell softly here last night for several hours thanks to the outer bands of Hurricane Ike. Again, a blessing for us, but Houston and Galveston are devastated. Prayers to all who have been in the paths of these monster storms. I was glad to learn that my aunt in Houston already has power restored, but so many are still in the dark.
Caught a movie on Saturday... The Women. Yes, it's a chick flick, and I loved it! Several good points in that movie about perfection...no one has it! It's also about friends and disappointments. Money Can't Buy It by Annie Lennox is a great song choice for the scene when Mary, played by Meg Ryan,reaches her zenith in creativity. If you haven't yet, go see it!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Autumn is around the corner though we're still going through some humid days here -- but I'm definitely thinking sweaters!!! Mornings are very chilly indeed!!

I'm putting The Women on my to do list -- so many people have been recommending it and I'm always up for a chick film - I saw the original on tv years ago!