Sunday, March 2, 2008

Of Shamrocks and Snapdragons


Today is Springing out all over!!! Temps to be in the 70's!!! Yesterday I picked up a basket of shamrocks and a bouquet of purple snapdragons from the market. They are truly an example of nature's "bling." While reading quotes earlier today, this one inspired me to begin keeping a special diary this season of nature's gifts as they unfold throughout March, April, and May!
Make yourselves nests of pleasant thoughts, bright fancies, faithful sayings; treasure cottages of precious and restful thoughts, which care cannot disturb nor poverty take away from you, cottages built without hands for your souls to live in. ~~John Ruskin

2 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Love the verse Marilyn! Hope you will stop by my blog. I blogged about your sweet giveaway!
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
I love the quote - and the picture of the cottage!! I want to live there! =)

Spring isn't quite springing yet here in VA - but it is just about to!