Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sending an Invitation to Spring


We awoke this morning in Dixie to temps back in the 30's. After a brisk, beautiful day yesterday, spring is not visiting any time soon. So, I am writing a quick note in my journal asking spring to please hurry! I am so looking forward to the warm sunshine. Just looking around my yard...so much planting to do!!! I have not posted much in the last several days because I have been busy with the swaps and blog surfing. I had lunch with my friend Linda yesterday. Lot of catching up to do! Linda has a sweet granddaughter just like our Anna! Hi, Linda!! Hope that you are visiting the blog today!!!

Perhaps, Emerson sums up the anticipation of warmth and beautiful blooms that await us in the near future.
Over the winter glaciers,
I see the summer glow,
And, through the wild-piled snowdrift,
The warm rosebuds below.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I'm totally with Emerson...the sooner the better!!